Friday, January 18, 2008

Picture from Christmas



Okay so with starting this new job - this week I haven't had much of a chance to post as many pictures as I would like - but here is one of my favorite ones from Christmas 2007. It's IV and I on Christmas Day after she opened the piano that I gave her. When I saw this picture for the first time it was really hard for me to believe that the girl in the picture is me - I mean as of today - I've lost a total of 69 pounds. I sometimes feel like I'm discovering myself all over again when I see pictures of me. Change in my life is one of those amazing things that it's hard to believe it if you don't see it and I'm actually starting to see the changes especially when I look back at other pictures that I've been in from months ago or even last year at this time. I love taking pictures now even more and when I say I love taking pictures I mean I love being in the pictures. Which when I was thinking about it is going to be a great thing when I get to my adoption. I mean I know how everyone loves to take pictures of new babies, but I think it's so special when you can see the bond between the subjects in a photograph. For example - I'll post some of me and my best friend T.K. you can see a glimpse into our relationship when you see the pictures of the two of us. It really just is an wonderful thing. Here are two of the pictures:


So I hope that everyone is having a great new year so far... I just want you all to know that I've been thinking about and praying for all of you especially the ones that are waiting for referrals and/or waiting to go pick up their little one! Best wishes ... MJ

5 comments:

Deb said...

Great pictures. You look great. I'm glad that you're starting to see changes in yourself.

Happy New Year!

Troy and Rachel said...

You look great!! 69 pounds is something to be so proud of so keep standing in for pictures!! Let us know how the new job is going!

Sira said...

WOW- look at you hot thing- 69 lbs is incredible- I can't lose 5!

Alice said...

Hi-I'm new to blogging. My friend who is adopting from China started me on this. I adopted a boy and girl from Russia and I'm trying to lose weight so I had to leave you a comment. Congrats on the weightloss and Congrats on your deicsion to adopt from Russia. It is the best thing I have ever done. Check out my blog to see my beauties. Alice a/k/a
Mom22Russians

Deb said...

I was checking blogs this morning and as I clicked in on you I just felt like I needed to stop and tell you to not give up on your dreams and desire to adopt.
That's all.