Saturday, January 12, 2008

New Years 2008

Well this year .... on New Year's Eve - I went out to dinner with a friend. We had a great dinner. Then we went to a double feature movie. The Water Horse, a children's movie, but I really enjoyed it. I think that it would be a great movie for children to see with their parents. Then after we saw The Water Horse - we went to National Treasure Book of Secrets. Yes if you've read my previous posts I did see it before with my family, but honestly it's one that I know that I'll be watching over and over again. History really interests me. Also part of the movie is set in South Dakota, The Black Hills and that is where I went for vacation last year and I'm going back again this year. So that was something that I enjoyed seeing! The next morning I slept in and worked out just had a low key day. I hung out with a different friend on New Years day evening! It was nice and relaxing! I still need to work on getting my Christmas stuff put away this weekend! Is anyone else struggling to get their Christmas decorations put away? I just feel like lately I'm just never home to get anything done! I look forward to the time when I have children so that I'll have a reason to be home all the time. My sister and I were talking about the fact that I can't wait to be a parent, but AJ, EV, and my best friend TK think that since I'm happier than I've ever been before that they are sure that this is my year to meet Mr. Right, fall in love, and get married. Hmmmm... I guess I feel like I've been blessed in my life so much at this point if that were to happen, I'd be excited, however if it doesn't I know that I am blessed and I have friends and family who care about me very very much. I had no idea that my life would change as much as it has in the past 6 months; and I'm excited to imagine and await every day to see what's going to happen next in this wonderful adventure we call life.

4 comments:

Deb said...

I haven't seen Water Horse yet, glad to hear you enjoyed it. I love children's movies.

Sounds like you are very positive about this new year. I hope it brings you many surprises.

Troy and Rachel said...

Wow - so much to comment on as I just read 4 posts of your today - First of all - Happy Birthday IV!!

Secondly a huge Congratulations on your weight loss!! I want to lose some weight and have managed to get off 13 pounds so far. I hope to lose alot more and you are an inspiration.

Thirdly, Congrats on the new job. I am so glad your dad was okay with it and I hope the new position works out so you can proceed with your adoption plans.

Last, but not least - I am glad you had a Happy New Year. I haven't seen either movie yet, but both I want to see!!

Take care - Rachel

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

This was a beautiful post! I would love to see these movies too! I have to admit, our Christmas decorations are only half-way taken down and put away!! I really have had trouble getting it done this year. My excuse has been that Owen loves the lights so much I hate to take them down :) The truth is I'm waiting for Jim to get the boxes out for me and for me to feel like putting everything away!! I've had a stomach bug for a couple of days which hasn't helped! Maybe this week... I hope 2008 is a very special year for you!

Carey and Norman said...

Sorry I'm a little behind on your posts.

First, Happy 2008! Congratulations on the new job and change in your career path. I'm excited to hear about your chance to finish school. I just finished my Masters in May 2007 having a full time job and a 2 year old at the time of graduation. You can do it. You may take smaller steps to get there, but you can accomplish your goal. Especially after hearing how well you've done with your weight loss. You go girl! I'm so proud of you to not only make a change, but for sticking with it!! And the other positive news about school is that you can study this summer and fall while you wait. What better way to take your mind off of the adoption wait? I know God is working in your life and is preparing you for the child he has planned. What a wonderful year this will be!!