Friday, January 11, 2008

A New Job & a New Start for 2008

Whew .... I've waited for quite a while to post about my new job. Today was my last day at the office. For all of you that didn't know I worked for a small company doing customer service, sales and marketing. I worked with my Dad, my sister, and I got to see IV every single day. I never disliked my job, I enjoyed my boss, my fellow employees, and my clients; but I never felt like I was very good at sales. Sales wasn't something that I wanted to do it, kind of fell in my lap and I tried my best to make it happen. I'd been praying since around this time last year for God to show me what path I should be taking and if I was suppose to be doing sales could he make it work, so I'd bring in profits for the company and if it was not suppose to work then God please show me what I should be doing instead. So I kept praying and praying and on the second week of December 2007. I caught wind of a position that was open for property management and administration/project management for a construction company. What's even better - they wanted me for the position! I'm went to interview, and I clicked with everyone there! I had a good discussion about what their goals were and what my goals were and what the job would entail. So after much thought I decided to accept the new position. That was December 14th. I told my Dad that same day. I was very nervous, but it went alright and I know that my Dad understands that this is what is best for me. I'm going to be driving a little bit further to work approx. 10 more miles, but I got my 3 weeks of vacation. What's even better is that I'll be going back to school!! For me that is wonderful because I've always wanted to finish school, but I've always struggled with money and not been able to make it happen. Now I'm going to be going back to school for my new employer. I feel like my prayers have been answered. I prayed to God for him to show me a path and he has done just that! I think that I will be able to start my adoption process as long as this position works out for me! I'm so excited about this because it's the change that I've been waiting for. I feel a little bit sad because I know that I need to wait to make sure this new job works out, which I know is upsetting for my mom, because she thought that I would be applying for my adoption as soon as I started this new position. It's just that since I'm single I want to make sure that I can provide for a child financially before I go ahead and start a process that I don't know if I can finish. I'm also wondering how it will work with a full time job and going to school at the same time. I want to say thanks to all of you who've prayed for me, because I really do feel like this job was an answer to my prayers and al the people who've had me in their prayers.

2 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

You have some great things going on!! Between the weight loss and the new job, I would say that 2008 is going to be an awesome year for you! Congrats on the job and going back to school. You'll be surprised at how easily you can balance the two. I'm so excited that you're getting closer to starting the adoption! You're very smart to wait until you get more comfortable. :-)

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

Thanks for the help on how to spell 'steed'! I went back in and edited that one. I'm a Baptist so I should definitely know the difference between stead and steed but to be honest I had to get a dictionary out to verify. Thanks!

How are your adoption plans coming? Are you still on hold? Russian adoption is great but I'm not sure that I wouldn't look closely at domestic for the second time around!