Tuesday, November 6, 2007

National Adoption Month

Since it's National Adoption month - I've been inspired by Becky and Debbie to change my font colors to purple! I tried to find a new template to turn to purple, but since I was unsucessful. I'm sticking with the text! Not much going on this week for me. With the weather changing I've been battling my asthma, which is the first time I've had any kind of trouble w/ my asthma since I started training w/ EV back in July. I was very shocked on Saturday when I was helping a friend move, that my asthma just came from no where; although I guess I should have known because in his old house they had dogs, cats, and birds. I don't know if I've blogged about this before or not, but I've had asthma ever since I was about 2 years old. I have lots of allergies to pets - most all kinds - and dust etc. Which is probably one of the reasons why I'm such a neat freak now a days. So I finished helping packing - but I knew by the afternoon that I wasn't feeling the best. So I missed Amy and Ryan's (http://rileyadoption.blogspot.com/) Jewelry show on Sunday :( ! I'm very disappointed. I am hoping to get to catch their next one soon! Plus w/ Christmas coming up - I think that I can take care of two things at once - get some Christmas presents & help them fundraise to bring home their little guy! I've also been thinking about contacting April (http://vietnambabygirlsmith.blogspot.com/) to see if she has any of the beautiful T-shirts left to sell for Christmas presents for the guys in my family! Does anyone else have any good ideas for Christmas gifts? Shh.... don't tell I already got IV her birthday and Christmas presents... she got bedding from Pottery Barn Baby.... IV's bedding is lavender and matches her room. My sister did such a beautiful job. I'll try to post pictures sometime soon! Here is a picture of the bedding though....



I think it goes along w/ this month's adoption theme. For all of you out there who are looking to decorate nurseries and might be interested in the bedding...
Here is the link: http://www.potterybarnkids.com/room/rom/romnur/romnurisa/index.cfm?cm%5Ftype=snav
Hope everyone is doing well! Keep posting! Mandy

2 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

The bedding for IV is beautiful. I know she'll love it. Hope you are feeling better!

Ryan and Amy said...

The bedding is gorgeous! I'm looking forward to meeting you next weekend - by the way...check out Rachel and Troy's blog (you were tagged)!!