Thursday, November 8, 2007

I've Been Tagged...

Good Morning Everyone....

I was tagged by Rachel to list 8 random things about me. So here goes:

8 Random Things About Me...

1. I love to clean around my house and organize. I also love flylady.net - it's one of my favorite sites, besides the blogs.

2. When I was growing up until we moved to Minnesota (when I was 11), we had atleast 12 horses at all times. I grew up in a large farming family. My Grandpa farmed, my uncle farmed, and so did my dad part time. I started riding horses at 2 or 3 and I don't know if I am now, but I used to be a very accomplished rider. I miss horse back riding so much & maybe I'll marry a country boy so I can have horses again someday.

3. I am one of those people who is really good w/ children and animals (even though I'm allergic to most animals & have asthma). It's been that way since I can remember. I'm the one in the grocery store or at the park who smiles at children and they smile and wave back at me even though I'm a stranger.

4. I went on vacation by myself to the Bahamas & had a blast. I've learned it's easier to make friends than I ever dreamed it could be. I also learned that being on your own and being your own company is one of those things that everyone should learn how to do. Loving yourself & who you are is very important.

5. I enjoy all types of music! Pop, Jazz, Classical, R&B, Rock, Rap, Dance, Ambient, Folk, Country... you name it I've probably got some of it on my iPod.

6. Someone asked me a few days ago.... if I had to pick my two favorite things to do what would they be...... I didn't think for two seconds before I said watching IV & going 4 wheeling. Watching IV is the best because she is just a wonderful baby. She smiles and laughs and is working so hard on trying to talk. IV loves it when you chase her around or when you play peek a boo. She rarely cries or makes a fuss, it's only when she is hungry, tired or has a dirty diaper. She is good at signing when she wants too & I love the way at night right before bed she snuggles with you, it's so sweet. 4 wheeling is wonderful because going up north is one of those things where it's nice to get away from the world for a day or two. No traffic, no loud noises, no craziness, no work, just exploring and trying new things. I like that I can go up north on a Saturday morning get muddy, climb hills, ride fast & hang out w/ friends. Then that same night go home shower clean up and go out dancing. It's almost like I get to explore another part of myself. I can't wait to go to South Dakota next May... it's only November and I'm still so excited.

7. I love to have house guests & host dinners at my home. I love to cook & watch people enjoy my banana bread or my muffins - both of which are pretty famous from the people who know me well! I like that I have a spare bedroom for guests to stay the night so I can make the nice breakfasts or healthy dinners for them to share w/ me. I love cleaning and getting the house ready for that and lighting the candles and picking out beautiful fresh flowers from Sam's Club. I love being a homemaker. Oh and if any of you make your way up North to MN give me a call, I've got a room open till it's transformed into a little nursery!

8. Which brings me to my last one... I'm sure that you already know this - but I'm excited about being a mom. I've always dreamed of being a parent and growing up I didn't really dream of a career as much as I dreamed of being a mom. I wanted to be a strict, but loving mom. Someone that my child would love & respect. I want to be the first one to hear about all their accomplishments and even the failures too... because to me it never mattered on having anything be perfect just having the family would be enough. I hope that I'm lucky enough to have it all someday. A wonderful husband to love who loves me and a child atleast one if not a few more than that. I know that God will bless me even if it is his time frame that I'm waiting for. I don't mind if I have a child that is hand-picked or home grown, but I've always wanted to adopt - and I know in my heart of all hearts that love has nothing to do with DNA or biology.

Thanks Rachel for tagging me... it's been a good post and reminded me of quite a few of the things that I'm thankful for in my life, some of the great memories I have of growing up and also some of the things that I have to look forward too...

So for me I'm thinking I'm going to TAG ... SIRA, JEANA, and CHRISTY

4 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

I'm glad you didn't mind being tagged!! I love that you went to the Bahamas by yourself- it shows how strong you are and comfortable with yourself. You'll South Dakota if you've never been. It's beautiful country there. Thanks for sharing about yourself.

Sira said...

That is WAY cool that you went to the Bahama's by yourself!

I will work on my list!

junglemama said...

We sound alot alike! I'm glad to have found your blog.

God Bless.

Ryan and Amy said...

Thanks for sharing...I also loved that you went to the Bahamas by yourslf...very cool!