Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Great 4 Wheeling Weekend...

Well I definitely had a great time up north in Nevis, MN. Talk about a beautiful area! My atv club (www.opentrailsatvclub.com) went riding this weekend and it was beautiful weather. Maybe a little cold in the mornings and Friday was pretty chilly, but for the most part a really good fun ride. We didn't find a whole lot of mud, which is my favorite, but we did have a blast riding the power lines. You'll be able to see what I mean in the pictures.
Powerline Trails.....

More powerline trails & yes I went up and down these trails on my wheeler. I know that some people ended up walking because the trails were too steep for them - but even though I get the nervous butterflies in my tummy. I'm proud that my skill level is going up and I'm practicing the skills that I've learned. *Note: inexperienced riders shouldn't try this without knowing their limits and the limits of their machine.

This is me & my friend Bart - oh and just so you know yes I have mud on my cheek. I got stung by a bee on Saturday afternoon while riding and I put mud on the bee sting since I didn't have any after bite or benadryl. I'm sure it sounds funny but it actually helped it to stop itching and for me to just keep going since we were quite a ways out on the trails.

Much to my delight - my group ran into a few people who'd gotten themselves stuck in a mud bog/wetland & I ended up pulling out a guy, who was stuck w/ his honda atv w/ my Bombardier Outlander 650 ... and much to my delight ... I couldn't help but giggle ... Tee hee ... 'you got pulled out by a girl & that girl was ME!!' Talk about some great times. In the pictures you can see how deep in the guy was stuck - plus I had to pull him out pulling up hill - that was quite a task. There were two guys stuck and they'd had their girlfriends riding on the backs of the machines and the girls & the guys were covered in mud waist deep. Dan ( the guy who fixed my wheeler) - pulled out the second guy. What a blast and a great way to spend a saturday afternoon! It was so much fun!

Oh and I couldn't leave out the picture of IV trying on my helmet on Thursday night before I left for wheeling. She and my mom came over to help me pack up my stuff. This pictures is of the future wheelers club ... current memebers:1 - IV

I hope that you all had a great weekend! I wanted to send congrats out to April and Brandon who got their last documents for baby Marlee and are officially paper pregnant! I'm so happy for them! Also Carey & Norman have met their baby girl and she sounds wonderful! Not to mention the fact that she's already decided that they are 'her' parents! Too cute!

3 comments:

Deb said...

So glad you had a relaxing weekend. IV is too cute with your helmet on!

Becky and Keith said...

What great pictures! Looks like you had a good time and your little niece looks precious in that helmet! Perfect for a scrapbook page. :-)

Troy and Rachel said...

That looks like so much fun. My hubby loves to trail ride on his. I'm no good on them though!! What a great time!!